14 Times the 2016 Tony Awards Helped Us Cope with the Orlando Tragedy
Love is love is love is love.
In the wake of the horrible tragedy that happened in Orlando this week, The 2016 Tony Awards were a light of hope, inspiration and pride for the entire LGBT community.
For the victims, their friends and family, and all of those affected by this horrible act of terror – the Tony’s helped us cope. Here are 14 moments from the show that truly inspired us to move forward.
1. When James Corden inspired us to be WHATEVER we want to be.“…to the boy and girls, transgenders too!”
2. When we kept singing that one line from The Book of Mormon in our heads: “Orlando, I love you, Orlando!”
3. Then Andrew Rannels came on stage wearing a tribute pin and for one moment, Orlando was exactly how Elder Price dreamed it was – the happiest place on earth.
4. Every moment from Lin-Manuel Miranda’s emotional acceptance speech…
5. Including his tears, and his love for love.
6. Actually, here’s the entire thing because not one second of this should be missed.
8. And THIS.
9. Ok, you need to watch this in its entirety too.“Theater is a place where every race, creed, sexuality, and gender is equal, is embraced, and is loved.”
10. When Neil Patrick Harris put the smile on our face we all needed.
11. When somehow this incredible Color Purple number was all too real.“But most of all, I’m thankful for loving who I really am.”
12. When the acceptance speeches uplifted us all…
13. Including the cast of The Color Purple.
14. When Barbra Streisand walked on stage and for one moment all our worries disappeared.