Boyfriends are nice... in theory… They’re fun to talk to. They’re fun to kiss. They even do some nice things for you. But let’s be real for a second—they have absolutely nothing on dogs. Dogs are not just man’s best friend; they’re man’s better boyfriend. Here’s why:
1. You can’t blame your farts on your boyfriend
Your boyfriend will deny it. Buddy on the other hand, will always take the blame.
2. Dogs never think it’s “too hot” to cuddle
Spot’s down to cuddle all day, every day.
3. Dogs always need you
Rex will give you unconditional love all the time. You get to experience that incredible feeling of being wanted and needed.
4. Dogs don’t cheat on you
Sure, Zorro might get a little petting action on the side, but at the end of the day, it’s always your bed he ends up in.
5. Dogs fully understand butt play
They’re constantly sniffing each other’s butts, so clearly they know what’s up.
6. They don’t judge you for staying in your sweatpants and not leaving the house
In fact, Spencer loves it. He gets to spend the whole day lounging around with you.
7. Dogs are completely obsessed with you all the time
It’s like, why are you so obsessed with me?
8. Dogs just want to please you
Chip gets so much joy from making you happy. Boyfriends though… want to please you only when they feel like it.
9. Dogs can help you pick up guys better than a boyfriend
I mean, boyfriends are such cockblocks, right? You’re walking down the street, looking into your boyfriend’s eyes lovingly and holding hands, and no cute guys come up to you. It’s like they think you’re taken! But you go down the street walking Thor, and all the boys flock to you.
10. They kiss better than any boyfriend ever could
Big, wet smooches all over your face. Nothing’s better than that.